The ancient Greek Goddess Athena was the custodian of wisdom. Her symbol was the owl and so the bird became a representation of knowledge and wisdom. I see the owl as my spirit animal, and in the same way it symbolises wisdom and knowledge, I see these initiatives as a tool to spread knowledge and guide people to be equipped to spread their own wings and be better versions of themselves.
- HR Business Partner with years of experience in the Industry
- Business Science Honors in Industrial Psychology (UCT)
- UCT Accounting Guest Lecturer – Corporate Governance Timekeeping & Payroll, University of Cape Town
- Interview – What is an HR Professional, University of Johannesburg Careers Services
- Interview – How to Ace Online Interviews, University of Johannesburg Careers Services
- Radio Guest Speaker – Career Guidance for the Youth, VOCFM Radio
- Radio Guest Speaker – Tips for first-time Jobseekers, VOCFM Radio
- Article Publications – Various career related articles published on Careers24 (South Africa’s leading job portal) and Zonotho, an online Financial Education company
- Article Publication – Job Search Tips: How to Deal with Rejection and Bounce Back Stronger, University of Johannesburg’s Career Magazine; Careers24
I expected to land a job immediately after I graduated with my Honours in Business Science. I soon found out that it didn’t matter how qualified I was, or that I came from the top university in Africa, the job market was tough.
Some people are lucky to find jobs quickly, but in a struggling global economy, most of us find it difficult. Universities are churning out many more graduates, so there are more people competing for the same jobs. Knowing that, your CV is the first impression of you, so it’s important that you get marketed in the best way possible so that you stand out.
It’s only after I spent years in HR, and after seeing hundreds of CVs where I realised the difficulties of being in the recruiter’s seat and the need to have your CV structured in the best way, to stand out better. I started out helping friends with their job search and realised that there are many people who have the skills, but just don’t have the confidence to market themselves well.
Fast forward years later, with the knowledge and experience gained, I am now the Founder of Loobna_HR which provides general career guidance and exploring relevant topics. I have published articles on Careers24 (reaching over a million subscribers). I have appeared on radio, been interviewed by the University of Johannesburg and guest lectured at the University of Cape Town. I’ve also run workshops, and provided CV and interview coaching services.
In my spare time, with the aim to instill a love for reading, I used to run a book club at a Children’s Home. As a side passion, I have a travel page called Triptease Traveling, and a nature page called nature.calling.me where I enjoy taking pictures of all things beautiful.
My aim is to uplift, upskill and inspire people to be the best version of themselves. I’m motivated by the fact that I see my work directly improving the lives of the people I meet. It’s fulfilling to do something meaningful, whether it is through my articles, media appearances, interviews, travel page, or workshops. I don’t know where this journey will take you and me, but I’m excited to know that this is still the beginning…